Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Stream of consciousness

As I sit on the couch enjoying a glass of bubbly, I can't help but reflect on the events leading up to tonight. We leave in the morning for Regionals, and I am beyond proud of my awesome Handsome Hub. The man has busted his tail over the last year. No question there - he totally deserves every moment of this. As he gets more in his zone for 3 days of intense competition, I get more relaxed. He's got this. I know my role is support - getting him what he needs, getting him to the right place at the right time, and being there as a sounding board - everything I've always done as 'Coach Wiff'. And I love my role in this place. We have our routine and things are ready. The car is just about packed and we're off to San Antonio first thing. Check my Facebook and twitter for updates - I'm sure I'll be wearing them out this weekend! I can't help but look back at where the last year has led us. This time last year, we were headed off to Napa for a fabulous long weekend. So much has changed in our lives since then. Different friends, different routine, different everything. It's kind of crazy. We'll see how that circles back later, I'm sure. Ach. Enough of the heavy stuff now. Off to San Antonio! Send love and good vibes to HH, if you please! ;-)

No comments: